Friday, April 6, 2012

Dinner Time and How We Eat





Dinner Time and How We Eat

Dinner time and how we eat are important to our heath.  It can also be a time to spend with family and loved ones.

When I was raising my young children we always ate dinner together and the same time. I wanted consistency because there were seven of us. But today with just me, I eat when I am hungry.

Try to reduce the distraction while you eat. As a family we sat together and talked about our day. It was the kids’ time to express their adventures and experiences. We had no detraction just fun conversation together. It was a calm pleasant experience.  No TV was on and we never answered the phone or the door bell while we were eating.  Yes, it really was our time together as a family.



My Grandma and Grandpa Rumel always said to us you have to chew you food 22 times before swallowing. That’s one mouth full at a time. Grandpa always ate very slowly; he was always the last to finish eating. Funny, Grandpa was always healthy and he was never over weight. He lived to the age of 85 years old. Funny thing, he never went to the doctor ever. 





Gary Rumel, Physiologist

No comments:

Post a Comment